I was feeling guilty about the negativity of my last post. I guess it's just a reminder that the church is true...but sometimes the people can drive you crazy! Here are some of my favourite quotes/ideas from the weekend that really made me think:
Perfection is a gift of the Spirit – Sheri Dew
You will be judged by your fruits, but give your fruits time to ripen – Emily Watts
Music affects atmosphere,
Atmosphere affects environment
Environment affects behaviour – Jenny Jordan Frogley
Heavenly Father loves my children as much as I do. – Emily Watts
If a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing badly rather than not at all. – Wendy Ulrich
Remember that the first four minutes of greeting (in the morning, after work, etc.) have a lasting effect on your day. Also remember the first four seconds of a response can change the outcome of a conversation drastically. – Wendy Watson Nelson
With thoughtless and impatient hands
We tangle up the plans
The Lord hath wrought.
And when we cry in pain, He says,
“Be patient, dear, while I untie the knots.” – Emily Freeman
Mary Ellen Edmunds: (she is so funny)
On looking at Goliath a pessimist said, “He’s so huge, I can’t possibly win.”
An optimist said, “He’s so huge, I can’t possibly miss.”
An optimistic lady woke up one morning and looked in the mirror. She discovered that she only had three hairs left on her head. She said, “I think I’ll wear my hair in a braid today.”
The next day she woke up and she only had two hairs on her head. She said, “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today.”
The next day she woke up and only had one hair left on her head. She said, “I think I’ll wear my hair in a ponytail today.”
Finally she woke up and had no hairs left on her head. She said, “Yay! I don’t have to fix my hair today!”
Go to sleep in peace – God is awake. - M.E.E.
1 comment:
Sounds like I'll have to go to the next Time Out for Women-it sounds like it was an awesome weekend. I envy you that you got to go.
Post a Comment