There is a great program put on during Capital Ex that we went to this year. It's called Monday Morning Magic and they open the kids' rides for a couple of hours before the gates open, for kids with disabilities and their families to enjoy a low stress environment. Normally it's quite difficult to get around with wheelchairs when it's so packed and it's hard to wait in line and often it takes a longer time to get situated in each ride - this was so great! I think we'll go every year. They had lots of mascots and Eskimo players and we even saw some Oilers there who would ride with the kids. It was just such a positive environment. I'm so grateful for programs with this.


The girls and I checked out a fun spray park down town and had a blast.
We attended one last ward party before we moved and it was lots of fun. Playing at the park, a rousing game of kickball and freezies. We'll miss our old ward but are looking forward to a good experience in our new one.
We've gone swimming downtown at the YMCA with kids from the CNIB. It's been great fun. Here's a picture of the girls after the last swim:
Here's one of our last excursions out on our spacious deck.
I'm so grateful for our new backyard. It's such a luxury!
To cut down on the pictures and space taken up by this blog entry, I will just post a link to an album on Facebook for people to check out if they want to.
Move/new house/family reunion pictures link
The move to the new place came with some surprises - he had taken the window coverings which had been written in as part of the contract, he hadn't fixed a bunch of things that he said he would, he only had a key for the back door and had lost the one for the front door and we keep finding other surprises. I guess that's what owning a home is all about, right? Things falling apart constantly?! :)
All in all, our new place really feels like home. It's good to invest in something that you know is yours. I feel so indebted to all the people who helped us get the house and who helped us move and who have supplied us with things we need.
Our move went well.
I braved going to the dentist, the first time I haven't gone to my dad. I ended up needing quite a few appointments to get everything done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
It's been a very busy few weeks. I'm glad that we are getting settled and I don't miss managing our building at all! I miss having our family in the same building though. Luckily we've had lots of visitors all ready so it's been good.
2 comments:
Wow busy and so fun! Capital Ex looked like a blast! Congrats on the new home! So fun! Good luck on all the "projects" (planned or unplanned).
that is so neat you got to go early. The kids section there is really fun. I was impressed with it. Your new house is sooooo nice. Hoe exciting.
Post a Comment