Claire's special Mother's Day gift. So cute!

Claire and I enjoying our "Muffins with Mom" day.
Madeline's gifts were a little more "creative." She cut her own hair for the first time and pulled out Claire's g-tube all on the same day. We had a lot of learning moments and tears that day. However, she did also make me a lovely card so that makes up for it all. :)
We've had fun with Jeff coming over the past two weekends since he is away from his family. He's been good company and the boys have had fun together. This evening Madeline even said, "I miss Jeff so much." I will have to take a picture the next time he and Ryan are playing the same game on their respective laptops at the kitchen table, sitting a foot away from each other, talking on Skype. Okay, they're not talking on Skype, but it's pretty funny anyway.
I attended an inspirational and informative night at GRIT learning about successful school transitions. There are so many things you don't know you need to know until someone else who's gone through it illuminates you. I'm finding out more and more how important networking with other parents can be when you have a child with disabilities. I'm also gearing up for all the potential logistical and emotional issues of sending her off to kindergarten in the fall. Hopefully all these transitions will go smoothly facilitated by the information I gain from workshops like this one.
I've been cramming transcriptions lately since the deadline was moved up. I will be glad when that part of this project is done this week.
My sisters and I had fun at Jessica's wedding on Saturday. It's been awhile since we've had a picture together so we took the opportunity.
So here we are. Mel's only taller because of her footwear. I have to say it.
Unfortunately this is what we normally look like.
I had a lovely Mother's Day. Claire sang with the other children at church and you could definitely hear her above everyone. It made me smile. :)
Here is a somewhat subdued picture of me and the girls.
This is more typical. I was crying from laughing so hard. We took so many pictures and they would NOT sit still. It was like wrastlin' crocs. Because I know exactly what that's like.
The best part of Mother's Day is the hugs.
Maddie likes to keep Uncle Rob on his toes by attacking him randomly.

Ryan and I. You know, the guy that made me a mother? It's all his fault.
Nattie Jacky Clairey enjoying our delicious food goodness
My mom is great. We were so lucky to have her at home when we were growing up. She was there when we left, there when we came home, drove us everywhere, encouraged us, taught us, reprimanded us (justifiably), cried with us, chased us around the house when we told her that we didn't think she could run as fast as us, had crazy dance parties in the living room with us, planted gardens with us, laughed with us and loved us unconditionally. And guess what? She still does all of that although we're mostly all grown and living on our own. Each year I gain a greater appreciation for the sacrifices she made for us and love her more for it.
Mom and her crazy kids.
The whole fam damily, together at last.
On top of Mother's Day we got to celebrate Steph's birthday. Madeline is always willing to help blow out candles. Happy Birthday! We also discovered how unevenly the little cheesecake bits can be distributed in a Blizzard Cake. Greg and I both had ZERO and Melanie had approximately a million.
Oh, and Ryan and the girls got me some beautiful flowers. I know they only last a short time, they cost too much and they are impractical, but I LOVE getting flowers and he knows it. Good man.
5 comments:
looks like a fabulous mothers day for a fabulous mother!
Wow what a fun day. And such a sweet description of your mom too!
Great pics! I am in absolute amazment at how your mother hasn't aged AT ALL since we were in junior high!
Wow, quite the celebration!!! Looks like you are very loved!
I agree about the husband thing. whenever they get together, they play games online on neighbouring computers instead of really talking. I don't understand. Glad you had a happy Mother's Day
Post a Comment