Psst. PSSSST. This is what we Laytons have been up to lately. (Please don't rub in the fact that it's been nearly half a month since my last post. I've already done the appropriate penance in the form of 53.5 jumping jacks.)
Claire's kind of kicking me right now. She has amazing feet. She's like a little monkey.
What was I saying? Oh yes. Our comings and goings.
I've had a few meetings this month; a parent council for Claire's school, running a preschool meeting for Madeline's preschool, becoming a part of a community group organized to help revitalize and revamp a community park and organizing a new home-based program for Claire that will focus on some skills not currently being focussed on at school.
Ryan's been very busy with work and work and Young Men's. Many days he'll work at the school all day, rush home for something quick to eat and then be off to the Apple Store. On nights when he doesn't have double work, he'll often have something else that occupies his time like church activities, meetings, marking, report cards or playing the drums to accompany his school's piano recital. Sometimes he has free time! Oh wait, no, he doesn't. :)
We did get a night out to spend with family and friends at Rob's Big Band Dinner dance. He played the bass in the concert band, sung in the concert choir and played the drums for a Beach Boys Tribute band. It's fun to watch him show off his musical talents.
The day after the concert we held a Birthday Extravaganza to celebrate a few Patterson birthdays. Mom (Feb 27), Rob (Mar 3), Nat (Mar 15) and Maddie (Mar 20). It was very fun. A lovely meal followed by so many presents that it felt like Christmas and then three different types of dessert to accomodate all birthday requests.
Madeline and her new craft drawer, fully stocked by loving grandparents.

Claire and I hanging out in the kitchen.
Blowing out her princess candles was the highlight of the day for Madeline.
Isn't he such a cutie? (Noah's not so bad either, ha ha)
Courtesy of a photo shoot with Auntie Natalie. Oh my.
We were lucky enough to have a visit from the Thompsons this past weekend. It's always fun to have sleepovers!
Here we are, trying out Five Guys burgers with their delicious cajun fries that taste much better than they look.

I think Madeline was quite happy to cuddle with Liam.

Rockin' out. (See Jason, I posted a completely normal picture of you)

Lately Madeline has become a fan of copying people. She'll usually start with the delightful game of saying everything you say. She also wants to be just like her sister, Claire.
Wearing ankle braces
Doing "crobatics" using Claire's walker sling
And just for fun. Good thing I inherited my Dad's untangling genes.

3 comments:
Looks like you've been having fun! I need to try that 5 Guys business. I keep hearing it's delicious.
it amazes me that you find time to blog at all with all of the things that you are involved in... plus having two kids!
Ah Madeline, such a little glamour queen.
Post a Comment