Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Febr...etter late than never.

Yes, I went there.

February was a pretty busy month.  Here's what we did.

First of all, we stayed married for 10 years.  That's kind of a big deal.

(Yeah, we could have gone to Vegas, but we decided to renovate our basement instead!  Aren't we so responsible?!)

We had a great night out together.  We went to the Ice on Whyte festival.
There were too many kids on the giant slide, but next year, I want to go on it!




This picture is awesome, but Ryan's butt was soaked for quite some time afterward.  
I still say it was worth it.

We had a wonderful 3 hour (!) dinner at The Melting Pot.  


The girls had lots of fun this month in their Dance Without Limits class.
The volunteers there are really top notch.




I got to be a parent helper for Madeline's school celebration of Carnaval.  They had tons of fun!

Madeline even got to hug Bonhomme!


Is it just me, or is Valentine's day yielding as big a haul as Halloween these days?  


We got to attend the reception for Zach and Courtney's wedding!  
It was a great evening to be with family.


For the long weekend, we split up our time a bit.  Ryan's close friends Jeff and Jason surprised him by coming up from Medicine Hat to spend a weekend at our place.  They did some manly bonding, ate too much junk food and participated in other tomfoolery.  They also went to see the Star Wars Identities exhibit at the Telus World of Science, which I heard was pretty cool.

The girls and I spent the weekend out at my parents house.
We had a very nice visit, including some hot tubbing.



I helped organize a family magic show fundraiser with Brian Lehr at Claire's school and it was a success.  The kids loved it!



Madeline became a hipster.


Every few months we get a giant load of Claire's underwear.  This time Madeline decided to use the boxes and the contents for fort building.  It worked perfectly, as you can see.

Madeline is always creating things.

So helpful!


Ryan has started reading Madeline her bedtime stories in French.  She is very excited to be learning a language that they can share...and that I can't understand!  Maybe I'll just take secret French lessons so that I can decipher their cryptic messages without them realizing it.  Muha ha ha ha ha.


We spent an afternoon at Greg and Steph's after Drew's blessing.  
We all love to cuddle this little cutie pie.

Other news:

Ryan is so incredibly busy.  On top of participating in all the family events he's been to Teacher's Convention, a friend's 40th birthday, French Immersion night, shadowing administrators as part of his leadership course, constant online coursework for his masters and even a staff bowling night.  I certainly hope he survives this year!

I keep busy with organizing the hot lunches and the fundraising at Claire's school, transcription work, playground redevelopment meetings and other appointments.

No comments: